Afrinspire Privacy Notice and Data Protection Policy
Charitable Incorporated Organistion number: 1163774
Reviewed: June 2018
Next review: June 2020
This Privacy Notice and Data Protection Policy governs the collection, storage and use of personal data collected by Afrinspire. It sets out how Afrinspire may process the personal data we collect from you, in line with UK legislation including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), 2018.
A Who we are
1. The Data Controller is Afrinspire of 21 Abbey Street, Cambridge, CB1 2QP. The Data Protection Officer is the Afrinspire Chairperson, Kate Gerrard. We respect the right that you have to privacy and will only process personal data you provide to us in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation. If you have any questions about how we collect, store and use personal data, or if you have any other privacy-related questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
B Your rights
2. With your agreement, Afrinspire may collect and store a range of your personal data. Afrinspire will never collect this data without your consent. Afrinspire will only use this data where the law permits it.
3. The GDPR gives you right on how your personal information is used:
The right to be informed: Afrinspire will tell you through this policy how we process your personal information
The right of access: you can request to see what information Afrinspire holds about you, through making a Subject Access Request (SAR). Please contact for information on how to make a SAR
The right of rectification: Afrinspire will correct any information about you that is inaccurate when you ask us to
The right to erasure: if Afrinspire has no compelling reason to retain your personal data, you can ask us to delete it
The right to restrict processing: you can ask Afrinspire to restrict the processing of your personal data, or to continue holding your data but not to use it
The right to data portability: where you have provided personal data to us, you can ask us to provide it in a format that will enable it to be passed to another organization
The right to object: where there is no legal obligation for Afrinpsire to process your data, you can object to us processing this
Rights in relation to automated decisions and profiling: where computers make decisions about you, you can challenge this or ask for a person to review this decision. Afrinspire does not use automated decision making or profiling.
C The information Afrinspire collects
4. Afrinspire may collect the following personal information:
Your age, date of birth and gender
Your postal address
Your phone and email details
Your employment details
Your payment details if you choose to subscribe to or otherwise access paid-for services
D How Afrinspire uses your information
5. Afrinspire will only use your personal data for the purposes you have consented to, or for those which you have expressed a closely-related interest in. For example, if you have consented to receiving the Afrinspire newsletter, Afrinspire may also send you other updates on Afrinspire activity.
6. Where you wish Afrinspire to cease using your data for any activity, email email@example.com and Afrinspire records will be updated.
E Electronic communications
7. Afrinspire will always ask for your consent before sending you any information by email, where you have not already expressed an interest in receiving this or related information. With the following information:
8. You can ask Afrinspire to stop contacting you by email at any time, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
F Reporting data breaches
9. If you believe there has been a breach in the way Afrinspire uses your data, please report this by emailing email@example.com with the following information:
Your contact details
Nature and date of the incident
How the incident was discovered